Join us at Hornet Park Community Center in Beech Grove on Thursday, Dec. 5th, from 6-8pm, for the official campaign launch party of progressive Democrat, Belinda Drake for IN State Representative of House District 89!
Belinda has spent her entire career as a public servant, and she is committed to putting people and policies over politics.
Belinda believes in us. She is ready to represent and serve our communities with a bold and inclusive vision to bring about positive change and progress for the people of House District 89 – and for all Hoosiers.
- Keynote speaker, Leigh Riley-Evans, Indianapolis community activist, Chief Executive for Mapleton-Fall Creek Development, & Hoosier Women Forward alumni
- Guest Speaker, Marvin Taylor, Owner and Barber, It’s All In The Wrists Barber Shop
- Belinda Drake intro & campaign launch announcement
- Snacks and refreshments will be served
- Family-friendly event
- Seating and accomodations available for those with disabilities
- Opportunities to share your concerns with Belinda
- Photo booth & props
- Interactive community mural
- Volunteer signup opportunities
- To help fund this event, please donate at https://secure.actblue.com/donate/belinda-drake-1
- To volunteer for this event, please visit https://belindadrake.com/volunteer/
- To donate food, supplies, or other types of support – or if you have any questions about this event – please email [email protected]
NOTE FROM BELINDA:
I’m running for the single mothers who are underpaid. I’m running for our loved ones who can’t afford live-saving healthcare. I’m running for the young adults with crushing student loan debt. I’m running for all of the Hoosiers who have lost their lives to the opioid crisis.
I’m running for the fathers who will never see their children again due to a broken criminal justice system. I’m running for the teachers struggling to feed themselves and their childre, while taking care of other peoples’ children. I’m running for everyone who lives paycheck to paycheck to keep a roof over their heads. I’m running for those who have no roofs at all.
I’m running for the marginalized communities whose rights and humanity are under attack. I’m running to keep our children safe from gun violence.
I’m running for every young, black, LGBTQ+ girl who never had the opportunity to see someone who looks like her in office growing up.
I’m running, and I will WIN. Not just for myself, but for every Hoosier who has ever felt left behind by our broken political system.
I BELIEVE in the people of IN House District 89, because I am one of you. So I’m asking you to believe in me and vote Belinda Drake for IN State Rep in 2020.