*Last Updated | 10/26/2019
Belinda Drake for Indiana State Representative District 89 is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us/Campaign (either capitalized or not) – This site and the Belinda Drake for Indiana State Representative 89 Campaign.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
We collect the information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information (although payment information is generally collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect certain personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose to them) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations to the Campaign exceed $200 per election cycle.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any), etc. This information is used to improve your experience. When you look at the contents of our website or purchase Campaign merchandise, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We may use the information we collect to:
Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions, and requests; request feedback or support, and otherwise contact you about your participation in the campaign and the use of the Sites;
Communicate with you about the campaign, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Privacy Tools).
below for information about how to opt-out of these communications at any time);
To solicit volunteers, donations and support for the Campaign and for other candidates, issues and organizations that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
Contact you if Federal election laws require us to request additional information from you;
Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and campaign events near you;
Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Campaign and others; and
Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 1 year.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguards for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing information to you possible or to enhance your site experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Nation Builder
- Act Blue
Connected third parties:
- Alphabet (Google)
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions to the Campaign exceed $200 in an election cycle (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify the suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
This website is not directed to children and does not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use this website. If you are aware of a child’s personal information having been provided to us, please contact us at [email protected].
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our site more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and Campaign.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
Your Right to Remove Data
You can use this site’s Privacy Tools to export and download a copy of the data stored about your user and/or immediately strip all identifying protocols about your user by anonymizing your record.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.